Office position / Estimating department
Wage is experience based
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Request plans, specifications, bid quantities, cad, geotechnical report, etc. as required per project.
· Analyze all bid documents (Specifications, drawings, schedule, verify import/export and how it will be handled, check for mandatory pre bids, extra insurance, bid bonds, performance bonds, special specifications etc.) get with business development to fill out any special requirements.
· Schedule meeting with head of estimating to discuss the project and how we want to bid it.
· Determine if test-holes are required.
· Make sure jobs have been solicited.
· Review all site conditions.
· Quantity take-offs.
· Submit all questions by the required time to the engineer by e-mail.
· Review all cost history.
· Review all quotes to determine who is low and make sure all scope of work is covered or included.
· Maintain knowledge of competitive advantages in the industry to aid bidding process.
· Coordinate with subcontractors
· Check all cut/fills maps.
· Complete and pre-review each bid with head of estimating.
· Make any changes/substitutions to bid, make sure all addendums have been read and added to the take-off.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· College degree in a related field, highly preferred.
· 3-5 years in construction estimating experience, highly preferred.
· Previous experience in estimating or a similar role.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HCSS
· Highly organized and able to multitask.
· Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Yantis Company is an equal opportunity employer (EOO)